WhatsApp Beta for Android helps you to benefit from the newest additions to the messaging service earlier than they hit the ultimate launch on the Google Play Store. The newest Beta provides the lengthy awaited Dark Theme characteristic. More directions on the way to allow it are within the description under.
WhatsApp is accessible for Android, iPhone / iOS and Windows & Mac. WhatsApp is a cross-platform messaging service, so these units can all message one another. Because WhatsApp Messenger makes use of the identical web information plan that you just use for electronic mail and internet looking, there isn’t a value to message and keep in contact with your folks.
In addition to fundamental messaging WhatsApp customers can create teams, ship one another limitless photographs, video and audio media messages.
- No hidden prices: Once you and your folks obtain the appliance, you should use it to talk as a lot as you need. Send 1,000,000 messages a day to your folks free of charge! WhatsApp makes use of your Internet connection: Edge/3G/4G or Wi-Fi when obtainable.
- Multimedia: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your folks and contacts.
- Group Chat: Enjoy group conversations along with your contacts. Add or Remove group members, change group topic and set a bunch icon.
- Personal: Set a profile photograph which shall be proven to all of your contacts
- No worldwide prices: Just like there isn’t a added value to ship a global electronic mail, there isn’t a value to ship WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your folks everywhere in the world so long as they’ve WhatsApp Messenger put in and keep away from these pesky worldwide SMS prices.
- Say no to pins and usernames: Why even hassle having to recollect one more PIN or username? WhatsApp works along with your telephone quantity, identical to SMS would, and integrates flawlessly along with your present telephone tackle ebook.
- No must log in/out: No extra confusion about getting logged off from one other laptop or machine. With push notifications WhatsApp is all the time on and all the time linked.
- No want so as to add buddies: Your Address Book is used to routinely join you along with your contacts. Your contacts who have already got WhatsApp Messenger shall be routinely displayed beneath Favorites, much like a buddy record.
- Offline Messages: Even in case you miss your push notifications or flip off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline till you retrieve them through the subsequent utility use.
- And way more: Share location and locations, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat historical past, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts directly, and far way more.
- Updates to messages reactions together with the power to react with any emoji plus extra enhancements and fixes.
- Increased the group participant restrict to 512
- Increased max file measurement restrict to 2GB
- On group calls, you may mute others or message them by lengthy urgent on their tile
Reactions on WhatsApp are actually even higher. We’ve added help so that you can use any emoji you need (in any pores and skin tone).
Some new options for group calls on: You can now mute or message particular individuals on a name (nice if somebody forgets to mute themselves!), and we have added a useful indicator so you may extra simply see when extra individuals be part of massive calls.
You can ship messages that disappear on WhatsApp by enabling disappearing messages. You can select to have messages disappear after 24 hours, 7 days, or 90 days. Once enabled, new messages despatched within the chat will disappear after the length you choose. The most up-to-date choice controls new messages within the chat. Messages despatched or obtained earlier than disappearing messages is enabled will not be affected.
How do you allow disappearing messages?
Either consumer can allow disappearing messages in a person chat. Once enabled, new messages within the chat will disappear after the length you choose.
- Open the WhatsApp chat.
- Tap the contact’s title.
- Tap Disappearing messages.
- If prompted, faucet CONTINUE.
- Select 24 hours, 7 days, or 90 days.
How do you disable disappearing messages?
Either consumer can disable disappearing messages at any time. Once disabled, new messages despatched within the chat will now not disappear.
- Open the WhatsApp chat.
- Tap the contact’s title.
- Tap Disappearing messages.
- If prompted, faucet CONTINUE.
- Select Off.
- WhatsApp is now introducing a unread chat filter.
Reactions, 2GB File Sharing, 512 Groups
As we introduced final month with our imaginative and prescient for Communities on WhatsApp, we’re now constructing for organizations, companies, and different close-knit teams to speak securely and get issues completed on WhatsApp. The suggestions we have obtained to date has been very optimistic and we won’t wait to get many new options into individuals’s fingers.
We’re excited to share that emoji reactions are actually obtainable on the newest model of the app. Reactions are enjoyable, quick, and so they scale back overload in teams too. We’ll proceed bettering them by including a fair broader vary of expressions sooner or later.
In addition, now you can ship information inside WhatsApp as much as 2GB in measurement at a time, protected by end-to-end encryption. This is a rise from the earlier restrict of 100MB and we expect shall be useful for collaboration amongst small companies and faculty teams. We suggest utilizing WiFi for bigger information and we’ll show a counter whereas importing or downloading to let you understand how lengthy your switch will take.
One of the highest requests we have persistently obtained is the choice so as to add extra individuals to a chat, so now we’re slowly rolling out the power so as to add as much as 512 individuals to a bunch. Building personal, secure, and safe communities takes work and we expect this sequence of enhancements will assist individuals and teams keep shut to at least one one other.
We hope individuals take pleasure in these updates and sit up for sharing extra all year long.
We’re Making Voice Messages Even Better
When we first launched voice messaging in 2013, we knew that it may change the way in which individuals talk. By retaining the design easy, we have made recording and sending a voice message as fast and straightforward as writing a textual content. Every day on WhatsApp, our customers ship 7 billion voice messages on common, all of that are protected by end-to-end encryption to maintain them personal and safe always.
Today, we’re excited to announce new options that make the voice message expertise on WhatsApp even higher. These embody:
- Out of Chat Playback: Listen to a voice message outdoors of the chat so you may multitask or learn and reply to different messages.
- Pause/Resume Recording: When recording a voice message, now you can pause the recording and resume when prepared, in case you are interrupted or want to collect your ideas.
- Waveform Visualization: Shows a visible illustration of the sound on the voice message to assist observe the recording.
- Draft Preview: Listen to your voice messages earlier than sending them.
- Remember Playback: If you pause when listening to a voice message, you may decide up the place you left off whenever you return to the chat.
- Fast Playback on Forwarded Messages: Play voice messages at 1.5x or 2x speeds to hearken to messages sooner on each common and forwarded messages.
Voice messages have made it fast and straightforward for individuals to have extra expressive conversations. Showing emotion or pleasure by voice is extra pure than textual content, and in lots of conditions, voice messages are the popular type of communication on WhatsApp. It’s easy for anybody to make use of – for your loved ones members preferring to keep away from typing, in your associates who love to inform tales, in your friends who want encouraging phrases, or for whenever you wish to hear your associate’s voice on the finish of a protracted day.
We’re excited for customers to strive these new options as they roll out within the coming weeks.
Previous releases notes
More Control and Privacy with Default Disappearing Messages and Multiple Durations
Our mission is to attach the world privately. As extra of our conversations transfer from face-to-face to digital, we acknowledge there’s a sure magic in simply sitting down with somebody in-person, sharing your ideas in confidence, realizing you might be each connecting in personal and in that second. The freedom to be trustworthy and weak, realizing that dialog is not being recorded and saved someplace perpetually.
Deciding how lengthy a message lasts must be in your fingers. We’ve turn into accustomed to leaving a digital copy of nearly the whole lot we sort with out even occupied with it. It’s turn into the equal of a observe taker following us round making a everlasting document of the whole lot we have mentioned. This is why we launched disappearing messages final yr, and extra lately a approach for images and movies to instantly disappear after being considered as soon as.
Today we’re excited to offer our customers with extra choices to manage their messages and the way lengthy they stick round, with default disappearing messages and a number of durations.
WhatsApp customers will now have the choice to activate disappearing messages by default for all new chats. When enabled, all new one-on-one chats you or one other individual begin shall be set to vanish at your chosen length, and we have added a brand new possibility when creating a bunch chat that permits you to flip it on for teams you create. This new characteristic is elective and doesn’t change or delete any of your present chats.
We are additionally including two new durations for disappearing messages: 24 hours and 90 days, in addition to the prevailing possibility of seven days.
For individuals who select to modify on default disappearing messages, we are going to show a message in your chats that tells individuals that is the default you have chosen. This makes clear it is nothing private – it is a alternative you have made about the way you wish to talk with everybody on WhatsApp shifting ahead. Though after all, in case you want a specific dialog to stay everlasting, it is simple to modify a chat again.
Living aside from household and associates for over a yr has made it clearer than ever that simply because we won’t bodily speak in individual, it doesn’t suggest we should always should sacrifice the privateness of our private conversations. We consider disappearing messages together with end-to-end encryption are two essential options that outline what it means to be a non-public messaging service at the moment, and produce us one step nearer to the sensation of an in-personal dialog.
To get began, go to your Privacy settings and choose ‘Default Message Timer’. You can study extra right here.
Previous launch notes
WhatsApp from Meta branding launched
End-to-End Encrypted Backups on WhatsApp
WhatsApp was constructed on a easy concept: what you share along with your family and friends stays between you. Five years in the past, we added end-to-end encryption by default, which at the moment protects over 100 billion messages a day as they journey between greater than 2 billion customers.
While end-to-end encrypted messages you ship and obtain are saved in your machine, many individuals additionally desire a strategy to again up their chats in case they lose their telephone. Starting at the moment, we’re making obtainable an additional, elective layer of safety to guard backups saved on Google Drive or iCloud with end-to-end encryption. No different world messaging service at this scale offers this stage of safety for his or her customers’ messages, media, voice messages, video calls, and chat backups.
You can now safe your end-to-end encrypted backup with both a password of your alternative or a 64-digit encryption key that solely you recognize. Neither WhatsApp nor your backup service supplier will be capable of learn your backups or entry the important thing required to unlock it.
With greater than 2 billion customers, we’re excited to offer individuals extra selections to guard their privateness. We shall be rolling this characteristic out slowly to these with the newest model of WhatsApp.
Taking Your Chats with You
Your WhatsApp messages belong to you. That’s why your private WhatsApp messages are protected by end-to-end encryption and why we offer methods to make them routinely disappear out of your chats.
One of probably the most requested options we have had is to make it doable to switch chat historical past from one working system to a different when switching telephones. We’ve been arduous at work with working system and machine producers to construct it in a safe and dependable approach.
We’re excited to begin rolling out the power to maneuver your WhatsApp historical past from iOS to Android. This occurs with out your messages being despatched to WhatsApp within the course of and consists of voice messages, images and movies. To begin, this characteristic is accessible on any Samsung machine operating Android 10 or larger, and shall be obtainable on extra Android units quickly.
When you arrange a brand new machine, you may be supplied with the choice to securely switch your chats out of your outdated machine to your new one. This course of would require a USB-C to Lightning cable.
View Once Photos and Videos on WhatsApp
While taking images or movies on our telephones has turn into such an enormous a part of our lives, not the whole lot we share must turn into a everlasting digital document. On many telephones, merely taking a photograph means it’s going to take up house in your digital camera roll perpetually.
That’s why at the moment we’re rolling out new View Once images and movies that disappear from the chat after they have been opened, giving customers much more management over their privateness.
For instance, you would possibly ship a View Once photograph of some new garments you are attempting on at a retailer, a fast response to a second in time, or one thing delicate like a Wi-Fi password.
As with all the non-public messages you ship on WhatsApp, View Once media is protected by end-to-end encryption so WhatsApp can not see them. They may also be clearly marked with a brand new “one-time” icon.
After the media has been considered, the message will seem as “opened” to keep away from any confusion about what was occurring within the chat on the time.
We’re rolling out the characteristic to everybody beginning this week and are wanting ahead to suggestions on this new strategy to ship personal and disappearing media.
How to make use of Whatsapp View Once
For added privateness, now you can ship images and movies that disappear out of your WhatsApp chat after the recipient has opened them as soon as.
- Media is not going to be saved to the recipient’s Photos or Gallery.
- Once you ship a view as soon as photograph or video, you will not be capable of view it once more.
- You cannot ahead, save, star, or share images or movies that had been despatched or obtained with view as soon as media enabled.
- You can solely see if a recipient has opened a view as soon as photograph or video if they’ve learn receipts turned on.
- If you do not open the photograph or video inside 14 days of it being despatched, the media will expire from the chat.
- You should choose view as soon as media every time you wish to ship a view as soon as photograph or video.
- View as soon as media may be restored from backup if the message is unopened on the time of again up. If the photograph or video has already been opened, the media is not going to be included within the backup and cannot be restored.
- Only ship images or movies with view as soon as media enabled to trusted people. For instance, it is doable for somebody to:
- Take a screenshot or display recording of the media earlier than it disappears. You will not be notified if somebody takes a screenshot or display recording.
- Take a photograph or video of the media with a digital camera or different machine earlier than it disappears.
- Encrypted media could also be saved for a number of weeks on WhatsApp’s servers after you have despatched it.
- If a recipient chooses to report view as soon as media, the media shall be offered to WhatsApp. You can discover out extra about reporting messages on WhatsApp on this article.
Dark Mode is lastly right here! To set up observe these directions:
- Download the file discovered right here.
- Open Whatsapp, contact the three dot menu within the higher proper nook and choose Settings.
- In Settings, choose Chats (Theme, wallpapers, chat historical past)
- In Chats, choose Theme and inside Theme you’ll find Dark.
Previous launch notes:
- When you obtain a hyperlink to a video from locations like Instagram, Facebook and YouTube, now you can play it proper inside WhatsApp. With picture-in-picture, you may preserve watching the video when you chat
- You can reply to a bunch message privately in your 1:1 chat. Tap and maintain a message in a bunch chat and choose ‘Reply Privately’.
From emoji and digital camera options to Status and animated GIFs, we’re all the time wanting so as to add new options that make speaking with family and friends on WhatsApp simple and enjoyable. We’re excited to introduce a brand new approach for individuals to specific themselves with stickers. Whether with a smiling teacup or a crying damaged coronary heart, stickers allow you to share your emotions in a approach which you can’t all the time specific with phrases. To begin, we’re launching sticker packs created by our designers at WhatsApp and a number of stickers from different artists.
We’ve additionally added help for third-party sticker packs to permit designers and builders all over the world to create stickers for WhatsApp. To do that, we have included a set of APIs and interfaces that permit you to construct sticker apps that add stickers to WhatsApp on Android or iOS. You can publish your sticker app like some other app to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, and customers who obtain and set up your app will be capable of begin sending these stickers proper from inside WhatsApp.
To use stickers in a chat, merely faucet the brand new sticker button and choose the sticker you wish to share. You can add new sticker packs by tapping the plus icon.
Share your dwell location
We’re rolling out a brand new characteristic that means that you can share your location in real-time with household or associates. Whether you are assembly up with associates, letting family members know you are secure, or sharing your commute, Live Location is an easy and safe strategy to let individuals know the place you might be. This end-to-end encrypted characteristic helps you to management who you share with and for the way lengthy. You can select to cease sharing at any time or let the Live Location timer merely expire.
Here’s the way it works. Open a chat with the individual or group you wish to share with. Under “Location” within the connect button, there is a new choice to “Share Live Location.” Choose for the way lengthy you wish to share and faucet ship. Each individual within the chat will be capable of see your real-time location on a map. And if multiple individual shares their Live Location within the group, all areas shall be seen on the identical map.
Live Location is accessible on each Android and iPhone and shall be rolling out within the app within the coming weeks. We hope you prefer it.
Web shopper for desktop computer systems
The desktop app is accessible for Windows 8 and Windows 10, and Mac OS 10.9 and better, and is synced with WhatsApp in your cell machine. Because the app runs natively in your desktop, you may have help for native desktop notifications, higher keyboard shortcuts, and extra. Upon downloading and opening the app, scan the QR code utilizing the WhatsApp app in your telephone (search for WhatsApp Web menu beneath Settings).