In a nutshell: Atari is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary with a set of greater than 90 playable video games spanning six platforms and generations. Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration incorporates a smattering of video games that initially appeared on the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-bit computer systems, Lynx, Jaguar and the arcade. It marks the primary time that video games from the Jaguar and Lynx might be playable on trendy platforms.
An entire record of video games shouldn’t be but obtainable, though Atari stated a few of them haven’t been obtainable “for ages.”
The bundle is rather more than your unusual assortment of video games. In addition to the originals, it’s going to embody 5 interactive timelines full of archival pictures, behind-the-scenes content material and over 60 minutes of unique interviews to discover. Digital Eclipse, the developer behind the challenge, has additionally created six new video games that “revisit, mash-up and reimagine Atari Classics.” Those new titles are as follows:
- Swordquest: AirWorld – Yes, you learn that proper: After practically 40 years of ready, the staff at Digital Eclipse has created the fourth and ultimate entry within the legendary Swordquest sequence, impressed by the design ideas of authentic Swordquest creator Tod Frye. Who would be the first to resolve its mysteries – and at last full the search?
- Haunted Houses – The authentic “survival horror” recreation for the Atari 2600 will get a contemporary 3D voxel-based sequel, that includes extra homes, extra spooky conditions, and extra urns.
- VCTR-SCTR – This mashup celebration of the vector period of gaming combines the gameplay from Asteroids, Tempest, and different vector-based arcade classics right into a single, steady problem.
- Neo Breakout – An superb and addictive two-player competitors that mixes one of the best options of Breakout and Pong, with a contemporary graphic fashion.
- Quadratank – The first new entry within the traditional Tank sequence since 1978 combines options from the unique video games with four-player enjoyable in staff or free-for-all modes.
- Yars’ Revenge Reimagined – Howard Scott Warshaw’s masterpiece for the Atari 2600 will get a complete new look – and you may swap between authentic and trendy graphics at any time! Designed by Digital Eclipse studio head Mike Mika, who created the Game Boy Color model of Yars’ Revenge in 1999.
Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration is heading to most trendy platforms together with the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Atari VCS, Steam and the Epic Games Store within the fourth quarter of 2022.