For the previous two years, we’ve been working carefully with lovers from all walks of the business to outline the following chapter within the GPU Tweak saga. That collective suggestions has been rigorously packaged into each layer of GPU Tweak III. At the forefront of the revamp, there is a fully overhauled UI, automated profile loading for video games and apps, and new methods to trace very important metrics and stats. To deliver GPU Tweak’s getting old function set and UI into the trendy period, we felt we needed to begin from the bottom up.
Years of fanatic suggestions and developer dedication have made the third iteration of GPU Tweak much more intuitive and feature-rich. Its revamped interface affords higher accessibility by placing core features on the forefront, and the VF Tuner has been overhauled to make guide overclocking a lot simpler. And unique options like 0dB fan expertise at the moment are joined by computerized profile swapping and logging of monitoring classes.
The residence display hosts a variety of options to tune up graphics card effectivity and efficiency. The most thorough of those is the OC Scanner, which fully automates the overclocking course of for Nvidia graphics playing cards. For customers who need a plug-and-play expertise, preset profiles line the highest of the Home display for an instantaneous increase in frequency or discount in noise. Additional changes might be made by utilizing the excellent panel of sliders to manage energy settings, clocks, and followers.
To let skilled tweakers take deep dives into their card’s efficiency at a driver stage, the Voltage-Frequency Tuner affords discrete administration of the GPU increase curve. The interface was made to be versatile, permitting customers a number of strategies of enter, both via conveniently listed keyboard instructions or built-in toolbar features.
GPU followers, in addition to any system followers related to FanConnect headers, might be totally personalized with choices for static RPM settings and user-defined curves. New for GPU Tweak III are hysteresis and replace interval choices to regulate how shortly followers reply to temperature adjustments. All of those settings might be saved to profiles alongside most popular voltage and clock settings.
The Profile Connect function permits the consumer to hyperlink any program to each a tuned and an OSD profile, in order that when the app opens, GPU Tweak swaps settings routinely. This function is particularly useful for customers that wish to optimize efficiency and fan speeds for all kinds of software program. Distinct overclocking and fan pace profiles might be created for particular video games and functions after which GPU Tweak seamlessly handles the remaining.
Performance monitoring is a core focus on this iteration, so we added system energy and fan RPM hooks to the already sturdy stat tracker. The whole monitor interface can also be now removable, scalable, and arrangeable into both a numerical line view or a grid-based graph format. It’s topped off with the power to export monitoring classes as logs which might be imported for later evaluation.
The GPU Tweak III OSD features a host of latest options, reminiscent of the power to tweak fonts, colours, transparency ranges, frosted panels, and even neon glow. The place and measurement might be scaled as essential, and since customers can now connect OSD profiles to video games via Profile Connect, we’ve added a Preview mode, in order that saved screenshots can be utilized to test how OSD changes will seem in-game.
Which GPUs does GPU Tweak III assist?
GPU Tweak III helps all Nvidia and AMD desktop graphics playing cards, together with all ASUS fashions and people produced by different producers. Most Nvidia and AMD cell GPUs are supported in a restricted capability relying upon the laptop computer mannequin. Integrated GPUs should not supported.
Testing and validation are carried out on graphics playing cards utilizing the most recent Nvidia and AMD drivers. Graphics playing cards that not obtain common driver updates from Nvidia or AMD on Windows (and are in any other case EOL) should not examined on the most recent variations of GPU Tweak III.
Which working techniques is GPU Tweak III supported on?
GPU Tweak III helps Microsoft Windows 11 and Windows 10 (each 32-bit and 64-bit variations).
What is new about GPU Tweak III?
On a floor stage, the model new interface is designed to be extra trendy and simpler to make use of for each lovers and inexperienced persons alike. But apart from quality-of-life and aesthetic adjustments, GPU Tweak III brings a great deal of new options, together with:
- An intuitive Voltage-Frequency Tuner with a number of ranges of management and a GPU clock and voltage lock for testing
- Automatic profile swapping when altering video games or apps via the Profile Connect perform
- Customizable on-screen show (OSD) with a brand new, modular fashion
- Monitor logging to cross-reference knowledge from earlier classes
Note that many techniques in GPU Tweak III have modified considerably with this launch, so whereas adjusting some features, small bugs might have been fastened and habits might have been tweaked. This set of patch notes covers probably the most impactful and immediately noticeable adjustments.
- The whole GPU Tweak III interface has been translated into a number of languages: German, French, Turkish, Korean, and each Simplified and Traditional Chinese. If the Windows default language is ready to any of those languages, GPU Tweak III additionally routinely switches to that language upon opening. Otherwise, English is the default language. The language might be modified within the Settings display.
- Tooltips have been added for a lot of essential buttons and components of the interface. These are turned off by default, however might be enabled by going to Settings, and clicking the field subsequent to “Show consumer interface tooltips”.
- New metrics have been added to the Monitor for Nvidia GPUs. The most notable of those are two totally different FPS metrics, and Render Present Latency, which may also help to trace render execution time (body time). For probably the most half, one of these body measurement knowledge is barely helpful whereas the GPU is beneath load (i.e. whereas a recreation or benchmark is operating).
- The OSD now helps a number of GPUs. In GPU Tweak III fashion, further GPUs are displayed in columns to the precise. In Classic fashion, rows are added under the CPU metrics for further GPUs.
- When some languages are chosen, your complete interface might turn out to be wider to accommodate longer textual content. Similarly, some buttons might turn out to be prolonged. Note that this habits remains to be beneath improvement; some elements of the UI might have textual content or visible glitches when not utilizing English.
- Various small textual content place adjustments have been made throughout the interface. Many of those are to accommodate the language adjustments. The most notable of those is the Dashboard, which now has sufficient house for a number of traces per metric.
- If the consumer adjustments colours within the Interface Customization part of the Settings display, their choices will now be utilized to totally different components of the UI. The most outstanding new places embody borders and textual content on the OC Scanner, Fan Control, and VF Tuner screens.
- The offset quantity under every Fan Speed setting has been eliminated, because it was complicated for some customers and offered inconsistent knowledge.
- If an ROG EVA Edition graphics card is put in, the background adjustments to a particular Evangelion theme.
- Added a scanning animation to the Profile Connect display that shows whereas video games and apps load.
- Optimized interface loading to enhance software program startup pace.
- The textual content enhancing portion of the OSD settings web page has been modified considerably so that each one settings are extra clearly laid out.
- Background colours can now be added to footage within the Classic OSD fashion.
- Fixed a number of points with OSD profile saving that would trigger some settings wouldn’t be saved. In explicit, this might have an effect on decision, side ratio, and association of chosen metrics.
- Fixed a difficulty with the Position perform within the OSD the place the anchor level could possibly be upside-down.
- Fixed numerous crashes involving the OSD and its respective settings display.
Other Changes and Bug Fixes:
- When the “Enhance overclocking vary” choice is enabled or disabled and saved, each the notification window and the setting change affirmation field stay on display till the enhancement is full. This is to scale back display flickering in the course of the change.
- GPU-Z now refreshes after values have been modified in different screens.
- Items within the Computing Technologies part of the GPU-Z display have been corrected for some graphics playing cards.
- The TUF Gaming brand seems on the Home display when respective graphics playing cards are put in.
- The identifiers for followers (middle, left, and proper) have been corrected for some TUF Gaming and Dual graphics playing cards.
- The habits concerning arranging and saving objects on the Home and Monitor screens is now extra constant and a number of bugs have been fastened.
- Corrected the fan names for ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 O24G Evangelion Edition graphics playing cards.
- Multiple small adjustments have been made to the habits of importing profiles to make the method extra clean.
- Fixed a bug the place clean or repeated names might happen after importing profiles after which deleting them.
- Fixed a crash that would happen when GPU Tweak III is minimized and reopened shortly.
- Fixed a software program battle that would trigger a crash when shortly switching to Furmark instantly after utilizing GPU Tweak III.
- Fixed a bug with a number of of the identical graphics playing cards the place the Sync GPUs button might disappear.
- Fixed a number of points that would happen with importing profiles that embody a number of graphics playing cards, such that some tuning profiles wouldn’t be seen.
- When loading a profile with a number of graphics playing cards, the profiles for every card are solely proven when that individual card is chosen. The checklist on the precise facet of the Import display doesn’t present all profiles for all playing cards directly.
- When importing logs, the scroll bar size is incomplete. To see all knowledge, the consumer should maximize the window.
- If a consumer deletes a profile after importing, after deleting, an empty profile field seems.
- When °F is chosen within the Settings, solely the Monitor values shall be adjusted. Other parts of the interface nonetheless present °C.
- Similarly, the Time Format additionally solely applies to the Monitor graphs, and never different elements of the interface.
- The show side ratio will get reset if the OSD profile is modified.
- Some elements of the UI might have textual content or visible glitches when not utilizing English.
- Notably, some buttons within the interface might present English even when the language is modified. These embody “Add New”, “Import”, and “Connect” buttons within the profile menus, and a few “Yes” or “No” responses to affirmation pop-ups.
- If switching quickly between languages, some textual content might not be totally displayed. Restarting the software program corrects this.
- GPU Tweak III can’t be uninstalled in Safe Mode.
- It is strongly beneficial to run just one on-screen show (OSD) from one software program at a time. Running a number of OSDs, together with these from Steam or Nvidia GeForce Experience, alongside GPU Tweak III’s OSD, may cause instability, crashes, or for some OSDs to point out incorrect knowledge.
- The OSD blacklist toggle is at the moment non-operational.
- When operating video games with the Vulkan engine, the OSD have to be turned on earlier than beginning the sport, or else it won’t seem. If the OSD is turned off mid-game, then to show the OSD again on requires restarting the sport.
- The Timer perform can solely be used if the System Time metric is turned on within the OSD.
- Some anti-virus or anti-cheat packages might detect the GPU Tweak III OSD as undesired software program.
- Specifically, this checklist of video games have recognized conflicts with the OSD:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – OSD hotkeys might not perform accurately
- Grand Theft Auto V – OSD hotkeys might not perform accurately
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – OSD doesn’t seem
- Minecraft (Java Version) – OSD doesn’t seem
- Destiny 2 – OSD doesn’t seem
- Some interactions with the OSD might trigger an error to look referring to “mFinitialize Fail”. This error doesn’t have an effect on operation.
- Programs which have a number of totally different .exe information with the identical names might not swap settings accurately and should use the flawed profiles. For now, set all associated .exe information to the identical settings for a clean expertise.
- Game and software file names should not sorted correctly within the Profile Connect window.